Preparation Time: 10 minutesServings 4
Nutrition Value: 247 Calories; 12.5g Fat; 6.2g Total Carbs; 25.3g Protein; 3.7g Sugars
- 1 tablespoon lard, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 10 ounces puréed tomatoes
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 pound cabbage, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Press the “Sauté” button to heat up your Instant Pot. Then, melt the lard. Cook the onion until translucent and tender.
- Add ground turkey and cook until it is no longer pink; reserve the turkey/onion mixture.
- Mix puréed tomatoes with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, caraway seeds, and mustard seeds.
- Spritz the bottom and sides of the Instant Pot with a nonstick cooking spray. Then, place 1/2 of cabbage wedges on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Spread the meat mixture over the top of the cabbage. Add minced garlic. Add the remaining cabbage.
- Now, pour in the tomato mixture and chicken broth; lastly, add bay leaves.
- Secure the lid. Choose “Manual” mode and High pressure; cook for 5 minutes. Once cooking is complete, use a natural pressure release; carefully remove the lid.Bon appétit!